- 3 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (from a baguette)
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon butter
Recipe by Nancy Vienneau.
- Place grated zucchini in a colander; sprinkle lightly with salt and let stand 30 minutes. Press with paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible. Zucchini should be fairly dry, and you should have about 2 cups. Place zucchini and remaining ingredients (except oil and butter) in a bowl. Mix well. Form into 8 patties the size of crab cakes. Chill.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet.
- Add patties to skillet and cook on both sides until browned. Drain on paper towels.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: