- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes (or any summer cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup red cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup black cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.
- To prepare cilantro oil, place cilantro in a food processor or blender; process, adding olive oil until mixture is smooth and pourable.
- To prepare soup, sauté onion in olive oil over a medium heat until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add yellow tomatoes and cook until most of the liquid has been removed from tomatoes, about 20 minutes. Place in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Place red and black tomatoes in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon cilantro oil. Toss to coat.
- Serve soup, chilled or hot, topped with tomato mixture, slices of avocado and a drizzle of cilantro oil.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: