- 2 cups wheatberries
- 4 quarts water
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 pound roughly chopped smoked turkey or rotisserie chicken
- 1 tart apple, such as Northern Spy or Granny Smith, peeled, cored and diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons walnut or corn oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.
- Place wheat berries in a large pot; add water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 1 hour. Drain in a colander and cool.
- Place wheat berries in a large bowl; stir in remaining ingredients. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: