- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon maple or vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped toasted pecans
Recipe by Julie Hession.
- Preheat oven to 300F and position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, coconut, flour, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar in a large bowl; whisk to blend.
- Combine butter, maple syrup and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Combine baking soda and boiling water, stirring to dissolve. Add to maple syrup mixture, stirring well. Add maple extract. Stir into dry ingredients. Add pecans; stir well.
- Place 1/4-cup size balls of dough on baking sheets, 3 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and set, rotating positions halfway through the baking process. Cool on the baking sheets 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: