- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 2 cups buttermilk, chilled
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
- Place fresh berries and 3 tablespoons sugar in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, pausing to scrape sides. Stir in dried cranberries. Refrigerate.
- Combine cream, buttermilk, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, salt and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk well.
- Pour mixture into the canister of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- When ice cream is done, remove dasher and gently stir in cranberries. Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: