- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots, divided
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6 ounces thinly sliced bacon
—Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Purée orange juice, soy sauce and 1⁄4 cup apricots in a food processor until paste-like.
- Mix turkey, remaining 3/4 cup apricots and breadcrumbs in a bowl; stir in shallot, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, rosemary, salt and egg.
- Form into a loaf in a 13-by-9-inch pan. Lay bacon over top of loaf. Spread apricot purée over top.
- Bake until browned and glazed and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 165F, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: