- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta or ham, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
—Recipe by Laraine Perri for Relish, Sept. 2009
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook until beginning to turn crisp, about 10 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water 2 minutes less than package directions. Add peas and broccoli; cook 2 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Add pasta, peas and broccoli to pancetta mixture. Toss together gently. Add 1/4 cup (or more) reserved cooking water and cheese. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: