- 1 pizza dough for a 14-inch pizza
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ounces grated Romano Cheese
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- fresh basil, torn
- Splash of red wine
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add tomatoes, garlic, shallots, pepper and sauté until tomatoes are browned and sizzling, about 10 minutes. Add a splash of wine to deglaze pan. Smash half of the tomatoes to make it a bit saucy.
- Sprinkle Romano on dough. Spoon tomato mixture on top of cheese. Top with fresh mozzarella and basil. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until browned and melted.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: