- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 serrano or jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint, divided
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts
—Recipe by Laraine Perri for Relish
- Combine first four ingredients in a small bowl; whisk.
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler. Brush steak with peanut oil; season with pepper. Grill or broil, turning once, until medium rare, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine romaine, red onion, cucumber, and half the mint and cilantro in a large bowl. Add all but 2 tablespoons of lime juice mixture. Toss well and mound on a large serving platter.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain, and toss with remaining lime juice mixture. Arrange steak on top of salad. Sprinkle with remaining mint, cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: