- 12 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds swordfish steaks
- 4 small tomatoes, quartered
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Drop garlic cloves one by one into running blender or food processor to thoroughly chop. Add oil, vinegar and spices; cover and process until very smooth.
- Pour marinade over fish and marinate 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove fish from marinade and discard marinade. Grill fish 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
Videos You Might Also Like
The recipe was originally published as Swordfish Steaks with Yucatecan Garlic-Spice Marinade on Relish.com