- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce almond extract
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 -- egg, beaten
- -- Swedish pearl sugar or cake decorating sprinkles
Recipe courtesy of Erica Schultz, December 2009.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Using a mixer at medium-high speed, beat until light. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well. Add almond extract and heavy cream. Mix well.
- Turn dough out and work into a ball. Cut into 4 portions and shape each into a ball. Flatten each ball into a 4-inch circle. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Place dough rounds on a baking sheet. Brush tops with beaten egg. Sprinkle pearl sugar on top.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Decrease oven temperature to 300F.
- Cut each round into 10 slices, then cut each slice in half (except the short ends). Return to oven and bake 20 minutes for crispy cookies or 10 minutes for chewier cookies. Makes about 70 cookies.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: