- 8 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice?
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature?
- 1/4 teaspoon salt?
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 8 (1 ½ to 2-inch) meringues
- 4 strawberries, cut into halves, or 8 blueberries, raspberries or blackberries
Recipe by Lynda Balslev
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a heavy medium saucepan. Add lemon juice, butter and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until curd thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon, 6 to 8 minutes. Do not boil; if it begins to give off steam, briefly remove pan from heat, stirring constantly. Strain curd through a fine-meshed sieve into a bowl and let cool completely. May be refrigerated up to 1 week. Makes about 2 cups.
- With a teaspoon, carefully hollow out the centers of the meringues without piercing the bottom. Reserve crumbled centers. Spoon curd into centers. Garnish with a berry. Sprinkle with some of the crumbled meringue. Makes 8.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: