- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup light molasses (not blackstrap)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Recipe courtesy of Tuckaway Farms, Conway, Mass.
- To prepare pudding, butter a 6-cup soufflé dish. Set aside a large pot with a lid that will hold a water bath.
- Place cranberries in a medium saucepan. Cover with water. Cover and cook over medium heat until cranberries begin to burst and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Beat together egg, sugar and molasses. Combine baking soda and 1/3 cup hot water; stir well. Add to egg mixture. Combine salt and flour; add to egg mixture. Do not over mix. Stir in cranberries.
- Pour batter into prepared soufflé dish. Cover with foil. Place dish in the large pot. Add several inches of water. Cover pot and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 70 to 90 minutes, until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter.
- To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place warm sauce in a bowl or pitcher to pass with the pudding.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: