- Grated rind and juice of 1 orange or tangerine
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian chile paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups mixed cut raw stir-fry vegetables (broccoli, bok choy, green onion, red bell pepper)
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled
- 3 cups cooked udon noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leave
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
Recipe by Terry Conlan
- Combine orange rind and juice, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chile paste, sugar and vinegar in a bowl; set aside.
- Combine sesame oil and canola oil in a skillet; heat over high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until they begin to color. Add mixed vegetables and shrimp and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add noodles and reserved sauce. Cook 1 minute. Add basil, mint and cilantro; toss to mix. Serve hot; garnish with peanuts.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: