- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup mirin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown miso
- 12 boneless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- Thinly sliced cabbage
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
Recipe courtesy of Marination, Seattle, Washington.
- To prepare sauce and marinade, combine all ingredients and bring to boil. Remove from heat and let cool. Once the marinade has cooled, set aside 1/4 cup marinade for glazing chicken.
- To prepare chicken, place chicken thighs in a zip-top plastic bag. Add remaining marinade and seal bag. Place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add chicken and sauté until done, about 12 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Add onions and jalapenos and sauté 5 minutes.
- Place chicken on tortillas, drizzle with reserved marinade and top with onions, jalapeños, cabbage, cilantro and lime wedges.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: