- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F. Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Turn to low speed; add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan, smooth top and bake 70 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
—Recipe by Jean Kressy