- 1 tablespoon walnut or canola oil
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups shelled chestnuts (about 1 pound unshelled)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups brewed Lapsang-Souchong or other tea
- 4 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
—Recipe by David Feder
- Heat oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add parsnips, chestnuts, salt and allspice; cook 10 minutes.
- Add tea and broth; bring just to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Place one-third of mixture in a blender container. Cover; blend until smooth. Return mixture to a clean saucepan. Repeat with remaining soup. Slowly stir in cream; cook until thoroughly heated.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: