- 4 1/2 cups lower-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups quinoa (12 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup spicy V-8 juice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup grape tomato halves
- Combine 4 cups chicken broth and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add kielbasa, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add remaining broth and V-8 juice; bring to simmer. Add shrimp and simmer 5 minutes or until done. Add peas, tomatoes and cooked quinoa and toss.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: