- 1 pound white potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 4 ounces aged shredded white Cheddar cheese or Comté cheese
- 2 ounces finely grated Romano cheese
—Recipe by Jill Melton
For a complete menu featuring Scalloped Sweet and White Potatoes, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 10 minutes. Drain well in a colander.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add add flour and whisk until smooth. Add milk, stirring until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Combine potatoes and cheese sauce in a shallow gratin dish. Sprinkle with Romano cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: