- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (90 percent lean)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 hamburger buns
Recipe by Chris Chamberlain
- Combine all ingredients, except buns, in a large metal bowl. Be careful not to overwork the meat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature, covered with wax paper, 30 minutes.
- Form meat into a 4 patties.
- Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat or grill until internal temperature reaches 150F (about 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch-thick patty.)
- Serve on buns with your favorite condiments. Try adding a thin slice of daikon for some crunch instead of an onion.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: