- 2/3 cup canned reduced-sodium, fat free beef broth
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- -- Chopped parsley, optional for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk broth, tomato paste, flour and mustard.
- In another bowl combine beef, parsley, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick ovals. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook 7 minutes, turning occasionally, or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to serving plates.
- Add broth mixture to pan; cook and stir until lightly thickened (reduced to about 1/2 cup). Spoon over beef and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.