- 8 ounces dried Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 4 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, well-drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sliced bok choy or Napa cabbage
- 1/4 pound fresh snow peas, strings removed
- 6 ounces cooked chicken or pork, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- Additional roasted sesame oil for drizzling on top
Recipe by Greg Patent.
- Cook noodles following package directions. Drain well, rinse in cold water, and combine with sesame oil in a large bowl.
- Cook broccoli in 2 to 3 cups boiling water 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain again and set aside.
- Heat broth and ginger in a large saucepan over low heat about 30 minutes; do not allow it to boil. Remove ginger.
- Cut tofu into 1/2-inch-thick squares and blot well with paper towels. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add tofu and cook on both sides 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside on paper towels. Add remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to pan; when hot, add egg and rotate pan to film the bottom with a thin layer of egg. When egg has set on the bottom, carefully flip it over. Slide egg crepe onto a plate and cool. Roll up to form a tight cylinder and cut crosswise into thin strips.
- When ready to serve, season broth with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; add snow peas and cabbage. Cook 1 minute. Add noodles, broccoli, pork or chicken, tofu, egg strips and bean sprouts; cook 30 seconds longer. Divide into bowls, scatter green onions on top and drizzle with sesame oil. Serve immediately.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: