- -- Crepes:
- 1 cup quick-mixing flour, such as Wondra
- 2/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 -- green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 5 ounces brie cheese, softened
To prepare crepes, place flour in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in milk and water until smooth. Whisk in eggs, 3 tablespoons butter and salt. Let stand 10 minutes. (This allows the flour to absorb the liquid.)
Heat an 8- or 9-inch crepe pan over medium-high heat until hot. Lightly brush pan with some of the remaining melted butter.
Pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of pan. Quickly tilt in all directions. (Batter should lightly cover the bottom of pan.) Cook 30 seconds. Lift edge with a spatula to check doneness. Shake and jerk the pan by its handle to loosen crepe. Turn crepe over with your fingers or a spatula, or flip. Cook 15 to 20 seconds. (Second side will be spotty brown.)
Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining batter and melted butter. Makes 10 crepes.
Preheat oven to 350F.
To prepare filling, place zucchini, bell pepper, onion and tomatoes in a large baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Add salt, thyme and pepper. Roast 30 minutes or until tender. Makes about 3 cups.
Spread 2 tablespoons cheese on half of each crepe. Top with about 1/3 cup roasted vegetables. Fold in half then in half again.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: