- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 5 flat anchovies, canned in oil, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (5-ounce) fresh or frozen halibut steaks
- 4 slices crusty artisan bread
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
Recipe by Rozanne Gold.
For a complete menu featuring Roasted Halibut a la "Bruschetta," along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Add tomatoes, onion, anchovies and 2 crushed garlic cloves; stir. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until thick, about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Stir together remaining olive oil, crushed garlic clove and salt. Brush fish with half the oil mixture. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, or until fish turns opaque and flakes easily.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with remaining oil mixture. Toast in oven until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Place a bruschetta on each plate. Top with tomato mixture and fish. Sprinkle with basil.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: