- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium red onion, cut in 8 wedges
- 1 lemon, cut lengthwise in 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- Combine lemon zest and juice, oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic cloves, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a good grinding of pepper in a large baking dish. Add chicken, turning to coat well with marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning chicken once or twice.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large, heavy baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Remove chicken pieces from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and arrange skin side up on baking sheet. Toss onion and lemon wedges with marinade and arrange around chicken. Roast chicken 30 to 35 minutes, until skin is browned and crisp and juices run clear. Scatter olives around chicken during last 5 minutes of cooking. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Videos You Might Also Like
The recipe was originally published as Roasted Chicken Thighs with Lemon, Olives and Herbs on Relish.com