- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 whole chicken (3-pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 garlic head (unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Recipe adapted from
- To prepare marinade, combine all ingredients in a food processor; process to a paste.
- To prepare chicken, coat chicken with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; place on rack in roasting pan. Wrap garlic in foil and place alongside chicken. Roast 1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in thigh registers 170F. Remove from oven and let rest 20 minutes.
- Reserve pan juices in the roasting pan. Add broth and lemon juice. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into broth mixture. Whisk, stirring to loose brown bits, and simmer until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.
Bistro Cooking at Home by Gordon Hamersley (Broadway Books, 2003)
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: