- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/2 cup cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
Recipe by David Feder.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine almond meal, granulated sugar, vanilla and almond extract in the bowl of a food processor. Process until combined. Add egg yolks, one at a time, and process until a smooth dough forms. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until slightly golden-brown. Cool.
- Combine 2 cups berries and ¼ cup powdered sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Process until puréed. Press through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Whip cream in a large mixing bowl until thickened and firm. Beat in remaining ¼ cup powdered sugar. Fold berry mixture thoroughly into whipped cream mixture. Spoon into tart shell. Top with remaining 2 cups berries. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: