- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, sugar, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin at medium speed until blended. Gradually add flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan, smooth top and bake 55 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. (If browning too quickly, cover with a piece of foil.) Let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
—Recipe by Jean Kressy