- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, 1/4-inch dice, fronds reserved
- 1 sweet onion, 1/4-inch dice
- 2 spring carrots, peeled, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 bunch medium to large asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shelled fresh green peas
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated deep-dish pie crust
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 5 to 6 ounces herb cream cheese (such as Boursin or Rondelle), softened
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 ounce fresh basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add fennel, onion and carrots and cook 4 minutes, stirring. Add asparagus, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Add peas and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Spread vegetables evenly on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Whisk together half-and-half, eggs and herb cheese until smooth. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle Parmigiano Reggiano on top.
- Bake until the top is puffed and golden brown and a knife in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and slice into wedges. Sprinkle each serving with basil.
Watch our video to see how it's made:
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: