- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups roughly chopped shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 15 x 12-inch rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Combine oats and coconut on baking sheet and toss to combine. Bake 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 300F.
- Combine butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add pistachios, apricots, cranberries and sunflower seed to the oat mixture. Toss to combine. Pour hot honey mixture over all and stir to mix well. Press mixture into the pan using a large metal spoon to compact it.
- Bake 25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into 24 bars.
Recipe courtesy of the Western Pistachio Association, thegreennut.org