- 1 (20-ounce) chunk pineapple, packed in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons gold rum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine pineapple, brown sugar, rum and cinnamon in pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat until blended. Stir in cranberries. Pour over pineapple mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until lightly brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: