- 1 cup diced peeled fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup jalapeño pepper jelly
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds beef flank steak, blotted dry on paper towels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Recipe by Joanna Preuss.
- To prepare salsa, stir together all ingredients. Cover and set aside.
- To prepare beef, melt jelly in a small pan; stir in Worcestershire sauce and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper; place in pan and cook about 4 minutes per side, turning once, or until desired degree of doneness.
- Reduce heat to low and spoon on jelly glaze. Cook 1 minute longer, until thoroughly heated and beef is glazed. Remove from pan, divide among 4 dinner plates, spoon on salsa, and serve.
- Adjust the heat to low and spoon on jelly glaze. Cook 1 minute longer, until heated through and beef is glazed. Remove from the pan, divide among 4 dinner plates, spoon on salsa, and serve.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: