- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 pounds firm pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 7 cups)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Bake pie crust 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- To prepare the cornmeal crumble, combine flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or your fingers until large crumbs form.
- To prepare the filling, combine pears, granulated sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and ginger. Spoon into pie crust; top with crumble. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350F and bake 35 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: