- 1/3 cup creamy-style natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- -- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, syrups and oil in a small pan. Cook over low heat until melted and the mixture can easily be stirred together. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a deep bowl, combine oats, almonds, cranberries, cinnamon and salt. Toss to mix well. Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and, using a rubber spatula coated with cooking spray, stir until everything is evenly coated. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and crisp. Set tray on wire rack and let cool completely. Store cooled in an air-tight container or tin up to 3 days. Serves 8.
Recipe by Jennifer Perillo.