- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds peaches (about 6 to 8 peaches), peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup fruit-only peach preserves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon peach liqueur, peach schnapps or peach brandy (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl, tossing well. Using your hand, coarsely mash 1 or 2 handfuls of peaches. This releases their juice but still leaves plenty of texture. Set the filling aside while you make the shortcake or crisp.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: