- 8 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 cup turbinado or brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) very cold butter, grated
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- To prepare filling, combine peaches, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Toss well; set aside.
- To prepare crust, combine flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until blended. Add grated butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add water; pulse until mixture comes together.
- Gather into a ball and divide in half. Wrap one half in plastic wrap and freeze for later use. Roll out remaining dough to a 12-inch circle on a floured surface. Cut into strips.
- Place peaches in a shallow 3-quart baking dish. Top with dough strips, weaving them into a lattice pattern over peaches. Sprinkle slivered almonds, if using.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes.
—Recipe by Jill Melton
For a complete menu featuring Peach Cornmeal Cobbler, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.