- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion (about 4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 can (14-ounce) diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-ounce) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 cups hot cooked penne (about 12 ounces)
Recipe by Jean Kressy
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add vodka and next 7 ingredients (vodka through pepper); bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream; stir. Serve over hot penne.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: