- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman ponzu sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 -- unpeeled English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked salmon, skinned
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- -- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Kikkoman panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 small slider buns or rolls
- To prepare cucumbers, combine ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and let stand 15 minutes. Drain before using.
- To prepare burgers, chop salmon into medium-size pieces, place in food processor in 2 batches, and pulse to dice. Transfer to a bowl. Add garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide salmon mixture into 4 portions. Shape into patties.
- Dredge patties in Kikkoman panko breadcrumbs. Gently press crumbs into patties to adhere.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. When oil is hot, place patties in pan and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. (Alternately, place in a grill basket and grill on both sides until thoroughly cooked.)
- Toast buns. Top bun bottoms with salmon burgers and soy cucumbers. Place bun tops on top.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.
Videos You Might Also Like
The recipe was originally published as Panko-Crusted Salmon Sliders with Quick Ponzu Cucumbers on Relish.com