- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh gingerroot, peeled
- 1 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) block extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 5 ounces snow peas
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 cups hot cooked jasmine rice
—Recipe by Jennifer Perillo
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.
- 1. Roughly chop ginger and garlic on a cutting board. Sprinkle with salt, and continue chopping until it forms a fine paste. Place in a deep bowl, along with orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper. Stir with a fork. Add tofu, and using your hands or a rubber spatula, gently toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Drain tofu, reserving marinade.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a wok or deep skillet. Add tofu and sauté over high heat, turning once, until nicely browned on both sides; add more olive oil if needed to keep the tofu from sticking. Transfer tofu to a paper towel-lined dish and drain 1 to 2 minutes. (You may need to do this in two batches depending on size of pan.)
- Discard any remaining oil and browned bits of tofu from the skillet.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and snow peas to pan. Pour in reserved marinade. Toss well and cover. Cook 2 minutes to steam snow peas. Add tofu back to the pan. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top, and shake the pan to toss well. Cook 1 minute. Serve with hot jasmine rice.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: