- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 (.25-ounce) package quick-rise yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (120F to 130F)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 leeks
- 8 green onions, trimmed
- Coarsely ground fleur de sel
Learn more about cooking with different types of onions from Relish Cooking Show Chef Brian Morris.
- Combine 3 1/2 cups flour, cheese, kosher salt, rosemary and yeast in a food processor. Pulse to blend. With processor on, slowly add water and 2 tablespoons oil and process until dough forms a ball.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding additional flour as necessary.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray. Turn dough to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place 1 hour.
- Punch down dough; turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 2 pieces, shaping each into a 12-inch circle. Place on two large baking sheets coated with cooking spray and dusted with cornmeal. Cover and let rise 40 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Uncover dough. Gently brush with remaining olive oil. Make indentations in top using the handle of a wood spoon or your fingertips.
- Remove roots, outer leaves and tops from leeks. Rinse with cold water; cut into rounds. Arrange leeks and green onions over top of dough. Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: