- 10 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking (not instant) oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine butter and sugars in a large bowl. Beat until blended with a mixer at medium speed.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until evenly blended. Reduce speed to low; add oats, flour and salt and beat just until incorporated.
- Add cranberries and macadamia nuts and beat just until evenly distributed.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons 2-inches apart onto cookie sheets and bake 16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 3 minutes on cookie sheet on wire rack. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Videos You Might Also Like
The recipe was originally published as Oatmeal Cookies with Macadamia Nuts and Dried Cranberries on Relish.com