- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup cooked oatmeal
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan or a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- To prepare cake, beat butter until fluffy. Add sugar and beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; beat well. Add flour, cinnamon and salt; beat until just combined. Stir in banana and cooked oatmeal.
- Spread batter in pan. Bake about 35 minutes. Remove cake from oven. Heat broiler.
- To prepare topping, melt butter in saucepan. Add milk and brown sugar; stir until sugar dissolves. Add oats, coconut and walnuts; stir well. Spread over warm cake. Place under broiler and broil until browned and bubbly, about 4 minutes.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: