- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, cored and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine or dry vermouth
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned and debearded
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion; saute 3 minutes. Add fennel and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and wine. Bring to a boil. Add mussels and toss.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until shells open, about 5 minutes. Discard any mussels that do not open. Serve with French bread to soak up the juices.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: