- 10 eggs
- 2 (15-ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups (16-ounces) matzo farfel
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 4 (6-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
Recipe by Marge Perry.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs with 1 1/2 cans broth. Stir in farfel and let stand.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, rosemary, thyme and salt; cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft and lightly golden, about 6 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they are softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in artichokes.
- Stir vegetables into farfel mixture and transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake 30 minutes; cover with foil and bake another 10 minutes. If kugel seems too dry, make several slits in the top with a butter knife and drizzle on extra broth.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: