- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced vertically
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, tough part of stems removed, thickly sliced
- 1/4 pound mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, baby bella and oyster mushrooms), sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups mushroom or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cans (15-ounce) black-eyed peas, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 bunch hearty greens (kale, turnip, mustard or chard) washed, thinly sliced and blanched
- Parmesan Polenta (See Recipe)
- Fresh shaved Parmesan, optional
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic; sauté until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato paste, wine, black-eyed peas, salt, pepper, honey and Tabasco; bring to boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in greens; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon Parmesan Polenta into serving bowls. Top with ragout and garnish with Parmesan shavings, if desired.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: