- 1 liter bottle fruity red wine (such as Australian shiraz)
- 2 to 3 sticks cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 to 2 cardamom pods
- pinch saffron threads (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar or brown sugar
- Orange slices for garnish
- Pour wine into large pot. Heat over very low heat (do not allow to come to boil) 10 to 30 minutes. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and saffron, if using. Gradually add sugar and whisk very gently. During last 3 to 5 minutes of mulling, place orange rind in an herb infuser (or tie into a double-layer of cheesecloth) and add to pot.
- Ladle into heatproof glasses or Irish coffee mugs and garnish with orange slices.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: