- 1 (7-ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
Janice Elder of Charlotte, N.C., walked away with the grand prize for this spin on the classic egg-dipped sandwich at the 2006 Cornbread Festival cook-off sponsored by Martha White.
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions, except bake in a 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet. (Cornbread will be thin.) Remove from skillet; cool and cut into cubes. Wipe out skillet with paper towels; grease generously.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place cornbread cubes in skillet. Top with turkey, ham and shredded cheese. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon mustard, salt and pepper until well blended. Pour evenly over meat and cheese. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Warm currant jelly slightly to melt. Add 1 tablespoon honey mustard; whisk to blend.
- Remove skillet from oven. Cut in wedges, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve with currant jelly and mustard sauce
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: