- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk, heated
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter
—Recipe by Jean Kressy
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add milk and egg; beat until blended. Gradually add remaining flour and beat until mixture forms a soft dough. If necessary, add more flour.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place in an oiled bowl, turning to oil top of dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about 50 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Punch dough down; shape into 16 balls. Roll each in melted butter and arrange in a greased 9-inch tube pan. If there is extra butter, pour over top. Cover and let rise in a warm place about 50 minutes or until dough nearly fills pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan onto wire rack; serve warm.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: