- 8 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Cream butter and sugar together in mixer set on low. Add flour and egg. Stop mixer and add cocoa, mix again on low until just combined.
- Divide and shape dough in to 2 equal discs. Wrap tightly and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- “Flour” surface with confectioner’s sugar and roll out dough until 1/4-inch thick. Cut an even number of cookies as closely together as possible.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl. Heat cream in a saucepan until bubbling, pour over chocolate. Stir, melting chocolate. Add peppermint extract, stir to combine until filling is smooth. Scoop filling into pastry bag fitted with tip. Pipe an even amount of filling on half of the cookies. Sandwich each with another cookie. Enjoy!
about 18 cookies
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: