- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 1/2 cups 1 percent milk, divided
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cardamom
Recipe by Chef Jesus Gonzalez.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut squash in half; place halves, cut sides down, in a roasting pan. Add water to a depth of 1-inch. Bake 30 minutes, or until squash is tender. Discard seeds, and scoop out pulp to measure 2/3 cup. Puree squash in a blender with 1/2 cup milk until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, mix remaining 2 cups milk, chocolate and spices. Heat over a double boiler or in a heavy-bottomed pan, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and creamy. Remove from heat and whisk in pureed squash mixture. Reheat.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: